- How do I make Reservations through CancunGetaways.com?
- How do I pay for my Cancun Vacation?
- When is payment due?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Do I get a receipt or confirmation?
- Do I have a choice of rooms?
- What types of rooms are available?
- Will Palace Resorts accommodate five in the same room?
- Are honeymoon packages available?
- Are wedding packages available?
- How can I be sure that the room is booked and paid for?
- How do I know Cancun Getaways is legitimate?
- Can I book airfare through Cancun Getaways?
- Do you offer cancellation insurance?
- Is airfare included in your rates?
Things to know before you go
- What precautions should I take if I rent a car!
- What documents do I need to travel to Mexico?
- What documents does a minor traveling alone, or with one parent need?
- How much luggage can we take?
- What do we do when we arrive in Mexico?
- Are transfers included?
- How do we get to the Resort?
- Should we exchange our money?
- Do they accept credit cards at Palace Resorts?
- What kind of electricity to they have in Mexico?
- Is there a hairdryer/iron/coffeemaker in the room?
- How do we get around once we are there?
- Is there purified water at Palace Resorts?
- Do we need to take our own beach towel?
- I know tips are included, but can we tip?
- What time is it in Cancun?
- Are there casinos in Cancun?
- Is there a dress code in effect?
- Can I book my tours, massage, manicure, pedicure ahead of time?
- How much duty free can we take back with us?
- How old do you have to be to rent a car in Mexico?
- Is there baby-sitting available at the Palace Resorts?
- What kind of clothing should we pack?
To make a reservation at any Palace Resort and certain Hard Rock Hotels, please:
Needed Information :
– Your Name
– Resort desired
– Number of people in each room
– Age of children, if applicable
– Phone number
– Email address
– Golf or no golf
How do I pay for my Cancun Vacation?
Full payment is due for your reservation upon booking. We will either email or fax you a credit card authorization form. Payment is to be made with a major credit card (Visa, Master Card and American Express only). Your credit card will be processed by Palace Resorts Reservations Center. Cancun Getaway’s payment will be invoiced through PayPal. Once your payments have been received and processed, we will email your letter of confirmation, which is your proof of purchase (receipt) when you check in. Please note, you must contact your credit card bank to notify them there will be a charge from a Mexican company banking in Panama. If they are not notified the bank will think this is a fraudulent charge.
Payment is due upon booking.
- All reservation are subject to a $50 USD service fee if a reservation is canceled. Plus the following:
- Reservations cancelled 7 days or more will receive 100% refund of the Palace Resorts portion. If cancelled in less than 7 nights, there is a 1 night penalty fee.
- For Hard Rock reservations, guests who cancel 31 days prior to arrival, have a penalty fee of $100 USD. If cancelled in less than 31 days prior to arrival, the penalty is $600 USD.
- If you must cancel on the day the reservation is to begin, all monies will be forfeited!
Yes, once your payment has been processed, we will email you a letter of confirmation, which is your proof of purchase when you check in.
Palace Resorts’ and Hard Rock Hotels’ booking policy is “run of the house”, which means based on availability when you are checking in. They do, however, give their “Members” the best available rooms. You will be treated as a “Member” by booking through Cancun Getaways!
When you are checking in, it is important to ask the front desk to show you, on the site map, where your room is located. This will give you the chance to change rooms, if you desire, subject to availability.
No, the maximum occupancy per room at any Palace Resort or Hard Rock Hotels is 4 persons. If you are a party of 5 or more, including children, Palace Resorts and Hard Rock Hotels have Family Suites. There are also Presidential Suites which can accommodate up to 6 guests.
- Two person Jacuzzi rooms, Concierge Level, Family Suites, Golf Suites (Moon Palace only) and Presidential Suites are available.
- All the rooms at Palace Resorts and Hard Rock Hotels are modern, spacious, have wireless Internet access, satellite TV, direct dial telephones, balcony, living area, and a room safe.
- Palace Resorts and Hard Rock Hotels have either 2 double beds or 1 king size bed.
Yes, there are several honeymoon packages available at each hotel. We will handle yours and your guests reservations, for 7 nights or more, and will get you in contact with a wedding coordinator who will guide you through the process. They will answer all of your questions.
Yes, there are several wedding packages available. See above (Weddings) for a description of each. We will handle yours and your guests reservations, for 7 nights or more, and will get you in contact with a wedding coordinator who will guide you through the process. They will answer all of your questions.
Palace Resorts and Hard Rock Hotels require that all reservations and payments be made by the “Members” (Cancun Getaways) upon booking. After a reservation or a payment has been made for you by us, you may check with Palace Resorts “Reservations” directly to inquire about the status of your booking. To do this, please call them directly at 800-346-8225, press 1 for English, then press 3 for reservations. You can ask them any question.
You can call Palace Resorts directly toll free 1-800-346-8225, press 1 for English, then press 3 for Customer Service. Tell them that you are thinking of booking a vacation through one of their members, Cancun Getaways, John and Michelle Bixby. Our membership number is 6118166. They will verify that we are members in good standing with Palace Resorts and Hard Rock Hotels and will honor all reservations made by our company.
Cancun Getaways does not book airfare! We prefer to let our clients do their own research online to find their airfare. You know which arrangements work best for you, therefore we feel it is much easier for you to take care of that part of the trip. There are many online sites to help you find the best airfare.
- No, Cancun Getaways does not offer cancellation/trip interruption insurance. ( See cancellation policy above.)
- This type of insurance is available for you to purchase online. These policies cover cancellation, trip interruption due to inclement weather, baggage loss, baggage delay, trip delay (accomodations will be provided if you are stranded in an airport), and additional medical coverage as well.
- Travel Guard is a full coverage insurance plan. Please find their information and what they have to offer at : www.travelguard.com.
- No, airfare is not included.
Travel Documents needed for travel from the United States or Canada into Mexico are as follows:
- Valid passport
- In accordance with the Western Hemisphere Travel Inititive, all travelers coming from Mexico, Canada, or the Carribean will require a valid passport to enter or re-enter the United States. Children, regardless of age, including infants and newborns, must also have their own passport. To obtain a passport, US citizens can visit the State Department’s Travel Website or call the National Passport Information Center at 1-888-874-7793. Please allow 6 weeks for processing of your passport application.
Special tip: When traveling out of the country, you must have the original documents. It is a good idea to have two photocopies of your travel documents, one that you have with you in your luggage and the other that you leave at home. This way, if you lose the original, you still have a copy with you, and one at home for the worst case scenario.
A minor traveling alone or with an adult must have a passport as described above. The Two Parent Consent Law requires that minor children (under the age of 14) traveling without BOTH legal parents must have a notarized letter of consent from the absent parent stating his/her consent for the other parent to leave the country with the said child for the said dates. Minor children not accompanied by both legal parents, traveling without this consend letter, will be denied boarding of any aircraft. Please go to State Department’s Travel Website. You may be required to show evidence of a custody document in the event that one parent has sole cusody. You may be required to show a death certificate if one of the parents is deceased. If you are traveling with a child not accompanied by both legal parents, we strongly recommend that you contact your airline directly to discuss their specific requirements and get them in writing.
Travelers from outside the United States and Canada should check with the Mexican Consulate in your country for up-to-date information on your identification requirements.
Each person is allowed two pieces of “checked-in” luggage (not to exceed 50 pounds each). You may also take one “carry-on” bag, in addition to a purse or small “other bag” (eg. camera bag or laptop) that fits in the overhead baggage compartment, or fits securely under the seat in front of you. All luggage must be properly tagged with your name, address, telephone number, and where you are staying while in Mexico. It is recommended that you pack all travel documents, airline tickets, money, medications, and other valuables in your carry-on luggage.
After your plane has landed and you have exited the “Immigration” area, you will need to present your completed Mexican Tourist Card (obtained and completed on your arriving flight) and travel documents to an Immigration officer. Please note: you will need your Tourist Card to leave Cancun, so keep it safe. If you lose your Tourist Card, you may obtain a copy or permission to leave from the Immigration office located in downtown Cancun.
Once you clear Immigration, you gather up your luggage and proceed to the “Customs” area. You will approach what looks like a traffic light and be instructed to push the button. If you get a green light you can proceed, if you get a red light you will be instructed to open your luggage. This is done at random. U.S. visitors to Mexico may bring up to 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, and one liter of alcohol with them into Mexico.
By purchasing your package from Cancun Getaways, airport to resort transfers are included in our all-inclusive accommodation rates of 7 nights or more.
As soon as you clear customs, ask a “porter” (one of the many people asking to “help” you) for the Palace Resorts or Hard Rock representative. This representative will guide you to the van which will take you to the resort. Cancun Getaways will book your transfers from and to the airport.
US currency is widely accepted in Mexico. It is best to have your cash in small denominations as it is easier to get change for small bills. The exchange rate fluctuates daily so it is a good idea to exchange a little at a time. It doesn’t hurt to pack a calculator to help figure out the exchange. If you do need to exchange your money, there is a money exchange in the lobby of each of the hotels. The hotel policy is to not accept any bills that have ink markings or have been torn. It is also advisable to have $1.00 USD bills as they come in handy for the luggage handlers and tips in general.
Both accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express. The Discover card is not accepted in Mexico.
The standard electrical current in Mexico is 110 volts, the same as the US and Canada. If you are bringing electronics that require a 3 prong outlet you may want to bring an adapter, as 3 prong outlets are not always available.
There is a hairdryer and coffee maker in each room at all of the Palace Resorts. An iron is available upon request but is not standard equipment for each room.
Public transportation covers only the main hotel zone, in Cancun, from the Sun Palace to the Beach Palace. Moon Palace is not covered.
The bus from Moon Palace runs once a day to the Beach Palace with a stop at Sun Palace, leaving at 12 PM and coming back at 5:30 PM. There is another one from Moon Palace to Playacar Palace leaving at 11 AM and coming back at 5 PM. It is limited to space, first come first served and exclusive for Moon Palace guests.
Hard Rock hotels in Cancun don’t offer transportation inter hotels.
For the rest of the resorts, yes, guests would have to rent a car or a taxi. The only exception is Vallarta Hard Rock, it is located in the main tourist area, there is public transportation available.
Car Rental is available at the airport or at the resort. You want to check with your local car insurance company to see if your insurance covers you while driving in Mexico. There is still tax and insurance on top of the rate you are quoted. If your local auto insurance does not cover you while driving in Mexico, you may have to purchase additional insurance in Mexico. Read everything carefully before signing.
We would like to warn you about the possibility of being “ripped off” when buying gasoline.
Here is a list of things to be aware of prior to going to the Gasoline Station for “magna-sin” (unleaded gas).
- Get out of the car to open the gas cap yourself. Before you do, make sure that the attendant has zeroed the pump so that you are not paying for the last persons gas as well as your own.
- Make sure that you have cash because they do not take credit cards or checks.
- Your best choice is to use pesos to pay for the gas. If you do not have pesos, make sure you agree upon the rate of exchange before they start pumping.
- Make sure that they do not zero the pump prior to your payment transaction is complete so that you can verify that you received correct change.
- Their latest ploy is to “vacuum” the inside of the car with several attendants doing this. This, of course, is to distract you and make you get out of the car. While they are “vacuuming”, they are “vacuuming” your valuables. With so many people milling about the car, it is impossible to keep tract of what they are doing. Do not let them vacuum….keep an eye on the guy pumping gas instead!!!! Better to have a dirty car than to loose your camera or other valuables!
Yes, each hotel has its own water purification system. It is safe to eat the fresh fruits and vegetables, brush your teeth, and have ice in your drinks. They also have bottled water for drinking which is available throughout each of the hotels.
No, beach towels are available pool side at every hotel. You are given your own “towel card” which they take from you in exchange for the towel. When you return the towel, they return your towel card. If you don’t return the towel, you will not have your towel card when you check out and you will be charged for the towel(s).
Yes, tips and taxes are included in your all-inclusive Cancun Getaways vacation packages. The staff will never gesture for a tip. However, tipping is a personal thing. If you feel you have receive exceptional service and want to tip, it would be greatly appreciated.
Cancun is on Central Time.
The only legal gambling in Mexico is sports betting. There are no casinos in Mexico. There are casinos in the Dominican Republic.
There is a dress code in effect for some restaurants at Palace Resorts. The dress code is long slacks, a collared shirt, shoes or closed toed sandals for the gentlemen. You will be advised when checking in which restaurants in each resort has a dress code.
If you decide to go to some of the hot spots on the hotel zone during the evening, it is recommended that you follow the same dress code. A tie is not necessary.
When playing golf, it is necessary for the gentlemen to have a collared shirt. No t-shirts, jeans or tank tops are allowed for both ladies and gentlemen.
Yes, you can book your tours, massage, manicure, and pedicure before you arrive. Let us know you want to do this and we will send you the necessary information. You can also wait to do so when you arrive at the hotel. It is a good idea to book these as early as possible to best suit your vacation schedule. Tours are booked at the Elite Tours’ desk in the lobby. Stop in at the salon, at any time, to book your appointments for the massage, manicure and pedicure. However, with a Cancun Getaways reservation, golf tee times can be booked up to 4 months in advance.
U.S. citizens returning home from Mexico may bring back purchases totaling $300.00 and one liter of alcohol, duty free.
You have to be at least 25 years old to rent a car in Mexico. You will need your drivers license and a major credit card. Please read the warning after the question “How do we get around once we are here?”
The resorts offer babysitting for a fee. The curent rate is $15.00 per hr for up to 2 children. The request can be made through the Concierge department 24 hours in advance. Prices are subject to change without notice. This service is available at all resorts.
You will want to pack basic summer clothing. Shorts, warm weather shirts, a bathing suit, some dress clothes for warm weather, shoes/sandals/comfortable walking shoes, exersise clothing, biodegradeable sunscreen (environmentally friendly sunscreen), a disposable underwater camera. It is a good idea to pack a light sweater in case the air-conditioning in the public areas is too cool for you. During the Winter months, the evening temperatures drop.
If you are traveling from a colder climate, it is not a bad idea to dress in layers. Wear your summer clothes, and put your warmer clothes on top, so that you can peel off the layers are you enter warmer climates. Make sure that you leave room in your carry on luggage to put your cold climate clothes in.
If you plan to do a lot of shopping, you might want to pack an extra bag to carry your purchases for the trip home.